DHSS today announced 101 new people identified with COVID-19 in Alaska. 63 were residents in: Anchorage (25), Palmer (10), Wasilla (9), Eagle River (3), Fairbanks (3), Kodiak (3), Sutton-Alpine (3), North Pole (2) and one each in Bethel Census Area, Kenai, Northwest Arctic Borough, Southeast Fairbanks Census Area and Valdez-Cordova Census Area/Copper River.
Thirty-eight new nonresident cases were identified yesterday in:
- Aleutians East Borough: 15 in seafood industry
- Unalaska: 11 in seafood industry
- Locations under investigation: five in seafood industry; seven with purposes under investigation
Seven resident cases were added to the dashboard due to data verification procedures bringing the total number of Alaska resident cases to 52,668 and the total number of nonresident cases to 1,791.
ALERT LEVELS – The current statewide alert level, based on the average daily case rate over 14 days per 100,000, is high at 20.7 cases per 100,000. Most regions of Alaska are in high alert status with widespread community transmission. One region is at intermediate alert status with moderate transmission and two regions are at low alert with minimal transmission.
High (>10 cases/100,000)
- YK-Delta Region: 125.42 cases per 100,000
- Southwest Region: 24.97 cases per 100,000
- Matanuska-Susitna Region: 22.01 cases per 100,000
- Other Interior Region: 19.19 cases per 100,000
- Anchorage Municipality: 18.04 cases per 100,000
- Northwest Region: 16.92 cases per 100,000
- Fairbanks North Star Borough: 16.24 cases per 100,000
- Juneau City and Borough: 13.4 cases per 100,000
Intermediate (>4.8-10 cases/100,000)
- Kenai Peninsula Borough: 7.47 cases per 100,000
Low (0-4.8 cases/100,000)
- Other Southeast Region - Southern: 4.3 cases per 100,000
- Other Southeast Region - Northern: 3.84 cases per 100,000
CASES: SEX & AGES – Of the 63 Alaska residents, 28 are male and 35 are female. Two are under the age of 10; 14 are aged 10-19; 14 are aged 20-29; 13 are aged 30-39; eight are aged 40-49; five are aged 50-59; four are aged 60-69 and three are aged 70-79.
CASES: HOSPITALIZATIONS & DEATHS – There have been a total of 1,179 hospitalizations and 260 deaths, with no new hospitalizations or deaths reported yesterday.
There are currently 39 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 who are hospitalized and four additional patients who are considered persona under investigation (PUI) for a total of 43 current COVID-related hospitalizations. Ten of these patients are on ventilators. The percentage of patients currently hospitalized with COVID-19 is 4.1%.
TESTING – A total of 1,507,662 tests have been conducted, with 35,503 tests conducted in the previous seven days. The average percentage of daily positive tests for the previous seven days is 2.42%.
VACCINATIONS – Reported to date, there have been 95,881 dose #1 and 27,566 dose #2 COVID-19 vaccinations given for a total of 123,448 doses administered in Alaska. For more information, visit the Vaccine Monitoring Dashboard.