On 6/3/19 around 11:30 a.m., Cynthia Hoffman (19-years-old) was reported missing by a family member. The family member reported she was last seen by a friend at Polar Bear Park possibly on 6/2/19 around 4 p.m. wearing blue jeans, a hoodie and tennis shoes.


Through the course of the investigation, detectives learned the family member was given false information from the victim’s friend about her whereabouts.


The preliminary investigation found that the victim, her friend (an adult female) and a juvenile male went to Thunderbird Falls trail on 6/2/19. The three walked down to the river bank where the victim was bound with duct tape by the female and male. At some point, an altercation took place. The male shot the victim in the back of the head, pushed her into the river and fled with the female. They drove to Polar Bear Park with the victim’s belongings. They sent texts to the victim’s family members via her phone. They stated the victim was dropped off at the park. The family members took that information and used it to file a missing person’s report the next day. The male and female then drove to Lions Park in Mountain View and burned the victim’s belongings.


On 6/3/19, officers contacted a family member of the adult female who provided information that the victim may have been shot and pushed into the water. She didn’t have a location or any other details. She said the adult female told her this information and hasn’t seen her since. Meanwhile, other officers continued to investigate the Polar Bear Park circumstances with the victim’s family believing it was true.


On 6/4/19, detectives located the adult female and questioned her. They also located the juvenile male and questioned him. During this time, detectives learned of the fake story about Polar Bear Park and sent officers to Thunderbird Falls trail. Officers discovered the body of the victim along the river bank.


The male suspect has been identified as Kayden McIntosh (16-years-old). He faces multiple charges including Murder 1 and Evidence Tampering. He was arrested and transported to jail.


The adult female was questioned and released.


The investigation continues and more charges are possible.

Load comments